Everyone says the money is in the list, but growing your list is easier said than done.
However. thanks to the time and money saving gift of PLR (private label rights) content, it’s easier than you might think. The key is in creating valuable free offers or downloads that people are willing to provide in exchange for the email address. And when you use PLR, it’s easy to create multiple offers like this, so you can capture more website visitors with your offer, especially when you apply the SEO techniques we talk about here.
How to Use PLR to Grow Your Mailing List with a Hard-to-Resist Opt-in Offer
1. Identify your target audience: Before you create your opt-in offer, you need to know who you are creating it for. Think about the demographics and interests of your ideal customer. What topics or tools would they be interested in?
2. Create a free offer: You can give a free report that solves a problem…or maybe some printables or tools that help them tackle a problem or achieve a goal head on. Maybe your audience loves coloring pages or other creative things.
If you want to use PLR to create your opt-in offers, here are a few resources we recommend:
- EKitHub – Owned by our boss here at PLRFinders, Alice and Yusef offer a wide variety of PLR packages and printables that could be turned into opt-in offers.
- Publish for Prosperity – Owned by Trish Lindemood, this is a great source of lead magnet packages in the personal development niche that can be used to grow your list.
- Piggy Make Bank – The gals at Piggy Makes Bank offer content and reports on a wide variety of topics. You’re in great hands with Susanne Myers and Tracey Roberts.
- PLR Beach – Check out Becky Beach’s collection of really high quality printables on a wide variety of topics as well.
When you use PLR as a free offer, always make sure that it’s something that your target buying customer would be interested. After all, you don’t want subscribers for subscribers sake. You want to build a list of potential buyers.
3. Design a landing page: A landing page is a standalone web page, created specifically for the purpose of a marketing or advertising campaign. It is where you will send traffic to in order to get people to opt-in to your offer.
Your landing page should include an attention-getting headline and highlight the benefits of getting your freebie and signing up for your list. You can actually get a template for your landing page and thank you page with all the key elements in this free email marketing course.
4. Set up your mailing list: You also need to have a way to collect the email addresses, so you can email them later. That means, you’ll have to sign up for a program like Aweber, GetResponse or ConstantContact. Whatever you choose (we personally use Aweber), you can get the mailing list sign up code from your account and set up automated emails to stay in touch with your subscribers (also step 6).
5. Promote your opt-in offer: Now that you have created your opt-in offer and landing page, you need to promote it to your target audience and that’s the most important thing or your list will never grow. It takes consistent work, especially until you start generating word-of-mouth and free search engine traffic to your offer.
Some ways to start promoting:
- Use SEO techniques we teach here.
- Share it on social media or consider creating an ad to promote your offer.
- Tell your existing subscribers about your offer and ask them to share it.
- Write and distribute articles that link to your free offer.
- Start an affiliate program and allow your affiliates to send traffic to your free offer.
- Go on podcasts or create content with other publishers to promote your free offer.
6. Follow up with your new subscribers: Once you have collected email addresses through your opt-in offer, you must follow up with your new subscribers. The goal is to nurture the relationship with your new subscribers and move them further down the sales funnel.
If you are following up to sell one of your products, the free email course we mentioned also includes fill-in-the-blanks follow up email templates you can use.
What to Do Next: Get Your Free Email Course + PLR to Make It Easy
1. Sign up for the FREE Email Course + Templates:
As we mentioned, you can grab a free grow your list course here. It includes what you need to know to grow a list of subscribers and quickly turn them into customers. Plus it has a bunch of fill-in-the-blanks templates for you.
Click here for the free email marketing course + templates.
If you’d like a taste of what you’ll learn in this course, here is a video you might find useful. It talks about why it’s important to start promoting to your new subscribers right away.
#2: Pick Up Some PLR to Save Time and Money on Your Opt-in Offer Creation
Check out some of our favourite PLR sources for this:
- EKitHub – reports and printables
- Publish for Prosperity – done-for-you personal development lead magnet packages
- Piggy Make Bank – lots of reports on a variety of topics
- PLR Beach – high quality printables on a variety of topics
#3: Follow the Steps Above to Create Your Free Offer
We hope you find this tutorial useful. Start with one free offer and promote it consistently. Then continue to create more free offers to build your traffic and get more subscribers to your list.
Leave a Reply