If you didn’t know it already, search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your website to improve its ranking on search engines like Google. By making your website more visible and relevant to search engines, you can increase the chances that potential customers will find your site when they enter keywords into search engines and become interested in your products or services.
And the best part is, this is FREE traffic.
This is done through a variety of tactics, such as using keywords in your website’s content, optimizing your website’s meta tags and title, making sure your website loads quickly and building high-quality backlinks from other websites.
Not sure what all that means? Bear with us…we’ll cover the basics and share a free guide to help you. We’ll also include some tips on using PLR to improve your search engine rankings.
Steps to Optimizing Your Website for Search Engines…Including Using PLR
1. Keyword Research: Conduct keyword research to identify the terms that your potential customers are using to search for products or services like yours. You can use tools like the Google Keyword Planner (just create a free Google Adwords account and you’ll have free access). You can also use paid tools like Semrush and Ahrefs.
There are certain keys to be aware of when choosing your keywords and a lot of that is covered in this free search engine guide.
You can also find keyword tutorials at the links below:
- Keyword Research with Google Keyword Planner
- Keyword Research with Semrush
- Keyword Research with Ahrefs
2. Optimize Your Content: Optimize your website’s content to include the keywords you selected in a natural and engaging way. Include the keyword phrases in the title of your page, in headlines, in the URL and include it naturally in the body of the content.
If you’re using PLR – or private label rights content – understand that you definitely can still build traffic to your content. If you’re sharing a free download (ex. report, coloring page, printable, etc.), create a unique landing page that describes the free download and include your chosen keywords within that page as described above.
If you’re using PLR articles, you should change the title of the article to suit your chosen keyword phrase. Also consider adding your own thoughts, examples or introduction and conclusion to make the content more unique…and of course, edit everything to include your keyword phrases.
By using PLR, you save a lot of time in getting high quality content out to your audience. Just optimize it strategically, so you get your share of traffic. You can even pick up some free PLR here.
3. Link Building: Build high-quality backlinks from other websites to help improve your website’s ranking on search engines. There are lots of techniques for doing this, but first and foremost remember that quality content gets shared so do focus on putting your best content out there.
Of course, just publishing content isn’t enough, you have to make sure people learn about it in other ways. Here are few ideas:
- If you have an email list, tell your subscribers about your new content and invite them to share it. Sharing is caring after all.
- Do the same through your social media accounts and remember to engage and share other people’s content to spread goodwill.
- Write guest posts for other websites. Look for websites in your industry that accept guest posts and pitch them a topic that is relevant to their audience. Be sure to include a link back to your website in your guest post.
- Do outreach to websites and bloggers. If you have a new piece of content that you think would be of interest to a particular website or blogger, reach out to them and see if they would be willing to link to it. If you’d like to dig deeper into this technique and improve your success rate, we recommend taking Yusef Kulan’s SEO course here.
- Participate in online communities and forums. Look for online communities and forums related to your industry and participate in the discussions. If you have valuable insights to share, people may be more likely to link to your website. Just be careful with the community guidelines and rules…many will not let you link to your site at all or in specific circumstances only.
- Include internal links on your website. Linking to other pages on your website from within your content can help to distribute link equity and improve the overall SEO of your site.
- Fix broken links. If you come across a broken link on another website, reach out to the webmaster and let them know. They may be willing to replace the broken link with a link to your website. This is also a technique covered in Yusef’s SEO course.
4. Monitor your website’s performance on search engines and make any necessary adjustments to your SEO strategy. Semrush and shreds can also help you do this.
5. Continue to create high-quality, relevant content to attract more organic traffic to your website. Again, you can use PLR to create free download pages and opt-in offers that are optimized for your keyword phrases. You can use ready-to-publish PLR articles and tweak them as we mentioned above.
We hope that this gives you some starter tips in optimizing your website for more free search engine traffic. The key is in consistently publishing quality content and employing the SEO techniques as you go.
A Recap of the Resources Included in This Article:
- Free search engine guide – that covers on-page optimization of your web pages in-depth…and covers keyword research tools.
- Free PLR – this is our free PLR collection you can get started with.
- Keyword Research with Google Keyword Planner – video with a good overview.
- Keyword Research with Semrush – video with a good overview.
- Keyword Research with Ahrefs – video with a good overview.
- SEO course – this one covers on-page optimization, but goes into much more depth and includes copy-paste swipe files to make the most of your backlink efforts. He also includes help on increasing the speed of your website, which is an important secondary factor in your rankings.
The only way to get free search engine traffic is to get started. Use those resources above to help make it easier.
You Can Also Watch The Keyword Videos Below:
Then get to work, publishing that awesome content. PLR makes it faster and easier to publish lots of great content you can optimize for search engines.